Right after updating to version 4, there hymns interface is not working. If I tap a hymn, it should load the sheet music. Instead, I get a red notification "failed to fetch".
Could you try this again and post screenshots of the errors you get? Our developers are watching the error logging in Hymns but have not seen anything yet that has helped them pinpoint the issue. Any additional info you can provide will help.
Also, when I tap the three dots on a seen l sermon and then ”Download Audio" nothing happens. I hope that helps, even though I don't feel I've given you much detail for tracking down the root cause.
i have realized it's not just the sheet music. Audio won't download, either while connected to WiFi.
Thanks for the additional info. We have not been able to replicate this issue yet on any devices we've checked. The developers plan to add some behind-the-scenes error reporting into the next update to get more data on this and try to pinpoint what appears to only be affecting a small number of users.
i don't know what this means, but when I turned the Wi-Fi off on my phone, (I was connected to my home Internet) the sheet music started loading fine. Maybe it's because the speed from our ISP through our router is slower than the 5G. And maybe the app times out too quickly on loading the sheet music. Edit: I just ran a speed test using our home wifi, and got over 26 Mbps. I can't imagine why the app would require a faster speed than that to load sheet music. I'm willing to do more testing if it's needed to figure this out. Edit 2: The speed test over 5G was well over 50 Mbps, which supports (doesn't cast doubts on) the theory about timing out.
Btw, while trying to fix this, I restarted my Android phone (Pixel 6, up-to-date) and then uninstalled and reinstalled the app.
Customer support service by UserEcho